• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Connector for a Hyster Forklift tail light

ed978

I have a Hyster forklift that the back tail light got ripped off. When this happened the 6 pin wire connector was puled from the wire and then ran over by the forklift. I have the light in stock but I am having a hard time identifying the connector. I ordered a imf deutsch connector from Grainger but it is not correct. I have looked at drawings for several Deutsch connectors they look like what is on there but the sizes doesn't match. Does anyone know what connector Hyster is using?
Here is a link to the light:

ed978

Here is two photos of the connector that I am trying to identifying. This is the one for the other tail light that for now is still intact.

Attachments

• 20231122_161750.jpg
    20231122_161750.jpg
    814.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231122_161903.jpg
    20231122_161903.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8

Mechanicsville804

Here is two photos of the connector that I am trying to identifying. This is the one for the other tail light that for now is still intact.
you can try this company:

ed978

It would be a lot less expensive and you'll end up with a better connection if you buy the connector parts in stead of a complete pigtail

Deutsch is owned by TE Connectivity, that looks like a DTM connector

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265134038840
I also thought it was a Deutsch DTM connector but when you pull up the drawing of the housing on TE Connectivity website the plug is 19.20mm wide that is to large to plug into the light. The connector can only be 14mm wide. I order the CE6356F that Mechanicsville804 recommend. I will report back if it is correct.

RocketScott

I also thought it was a Deutsch DTM connector but when you pull up the drawing of the housing on TE Connectivity website the plug is 19.20mm wide that is to large to plug into the light. The connector can only be 14mm wide. I order the CE6356F that Mechanicsville804 recommend. I will report back if it is correct.

The receptical is 19.2mm wide:
DTM04-6P

The plug that goes into it is 15.24mm at it's widest part but the part that plugs in is narrower than that:
DTM06-6S