• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

conveyor belt repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweepers

looking for some info from you folks on repairing small tears and holes in conveyor belts. We use "Loctite Fixmaster flex" belt repair now. Just looking for maybe something better or different way of repair.

Toegrinder

Occupation
Milling Foreman
looking for some info from you folks on repairing small tears and holes in conveyor belts. We use "Loctite Fixmaster flex" belt repair now. Just looking for maybe something better or different way of repair.

I have never heard of what you are using, but I use flexco's. Pretty simple.

www.flexco.com

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
Depending on how your fixed for parts and the situation, I've used simple large sized pop rivits with an extra washer a few times and its held almost as well as Flexco clips.

Not at all recommended though.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
We used the flexco's in the quarry I used to work, once you got skilled with them they took no time at all to put in.

bean

We use Flexco r5 splices I believe. And some other similar things if we run into a problem. Also tried some kind of rubber glue applied in a silicone gun with mixed results.

bean

Saw these at a crusher last week. This style of clip seems to last longer then the ones that have a cable but tend to tear the belt after a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0533.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,707
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,686

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
Saw these at a crusher last week. This style of clip seems to last longer then the ones that have a cable but tend to tear the belt after a while.

Those are Flexco clips, that's the style we used in the Quarry.

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
conveyor belt repair:

I swear OCR...ya have to do everything for that old buzzard, including fixin' his linky linky that no werky werky. :tong :cool:
Lol... well, you know that we, yes we... both likey likey the old feller... kinda, sometimes... :rolleyes:... :tong

'Sides, there's some stuff on that page that people might want to see... with out having to dredge it from the post, and convey it to the address bar... ;)

I know we've told him a hundred dozen times... "leave a space", lol.

OCR... :D

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I know we've told him a hundred dozen times... "leave a space", lol.

LoL...I dare to wager that granma has told him to "leave some space" on several occasions. bah ha ha ha ha :lmao

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
conveyor belt repair:

LoL...I dare to wager that granma has told him to "leave some space" on several occasions. bah ha ha ha ha :lmao
I'll bet... bah ha ha ha ha... :lmao

OCR... lol

bean

I can't believe someone even repaired this belt. I have never seen so many clips.

Attachments

• conveyor.jpg
    conveyor.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 1,498

milling_drum

Occupation
Hmmm...

That looks like alot more aggravation then its worth. Orange machine = Rotomill? The belt its self does not look badly worn, not that old. And that rip might mean something tore it pretty good....and straight while it was turning...

It won't last long if under a heavy load, the head pulley and tail pulley will fix that.

bean

Yes rotomill its the PR800-7 I posted another picture of the whole machine seems to be in poor condition and not taken care of. I can't believe its being used on the 403 which is a major multilane highway.

milling_drum

Occupation
Looks like a piece of the flashing support got into the belt and they didn't catch it until it was too late...

I thought the 403 was all Concrete? It was when I left Canada back in 1998. I've heard extensions were added.

bean

the 407 is for the most part i'm pretty sure buts it a toll road so I don't go on it much. The 403 for the most part is asphalt. Parts of the 401 are concrete.

Melvin

You can go online and search for conveyor system repair services in your area. I am sure that you will be able to find services. There are many companies that manufacture and repair conveyor belts these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.