• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

correct hydraulic oil

rbaggett

I have a Dresser loader that calls for 10 WGT motor oil. I can't find that in anything but quarts and I need fifteen gallons. I was just wondering if the universal hydraulic oil they sell at Tractor Supply would work as well.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I'm beginning to wonder if 10wgt is actually "10 weight" oil, more commonly suffixed as "10wt". If so, and it's motor oil, it would simply be SAE10 motor oil of any brand, available in various container sizes. Just a thought. :)

By the way, welcome to the forum rbaggett. :usa

BAD5oh

We asked our hydraulic guy the same question when we bought our first Komatsu almost 10 years ago. He told us AW32 is a 10W oil and that's what we should use in them. We now have 2 Komatsu and 2 Dresser loaders all running AW 32 with no problems