• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Couple old mine photos

jgivens

Sorry for the quality. I had to scan them and well.... you see how it turned out. :bash These photos are from Dunbar Coal Co. in Bulter Co. Ky. photos were taken late 70s early 80s. What I would do to have done been around then and enjoyed the family owned company:Banghead Oh well enjoy the pix:drinkup

Attachments

• 31sss2.JPG
    31sss2.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 31sss3.JPG
    31sss3.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,225
  • 31ssss.jpg
    31ssss.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,221
  • 31ssss4.JPG
    31ssss4.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 1,214

Wolf

great pictures. that's serious mining, awesome fleet of equipment. was that your family business? how did it fare, still around?

sluggo

Occupation
Equip. Operater
Liked the pix's.. I started mining in 1979 I was 19 yrs. old, Sure miss the day's before all the safetey rules & regs.

Dug Overburden

Occupation
trucker
Old mine photos

Don't want to bash Caterpillar, in the old days there was a choice of many brands. Neat to see a complete spead with out 1 Caterpillar machine. Looks like F-A HD31's & F-A HD41's a large Michigan wheel loader,some Payhaulers & Wabcos. Also it's a complete American Manufactered fleet!

Dug