• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

crane tipping load

ahmedfotoh

I write code by esp32 board by Arduino ide platform which calculate the maximum load in kg that the crane can lift, or tipping load (I being used distance sensor (TF Luna ) to calculate boom length and two angle sensor (GY-521 MPU-6050 3 Axis Gyroscope Accelerometer Module) to calculate boom angle and turntable rotation angle and i use load cell sensor(Load Cell YZC 516C HX711) to calculate actual load in kg then I compare between that results to make alarm when actual load near to the danger ratio percentage to maximum load.
This is a hydraulic telescopic crane students project (the total weight 1000 kg and rotate 360 degrees and put on a steel frame 2 m * 1 m and weight 300 kg.I get these parameter :
1-crane weight
2- boom length
3-boom angle
4-slewing angle
5- load radius
6-boom weight
I need the equation of max load as a function of radius and slewing angle.
Many thanks for helping.

skyking1

I am not going to do your homework for you, but I have a couple of questions and suggestions.
When you say slewing angle, are you talking about how the tipping load will change based on the position over the 2 meter base dimension and swinging to the 1 meter base dimension?
Is the 300 KG base weight defined as a uniform mass distributed over the 2 M sq area?

You need to calculate the moment of the empty crane boom, and that gets tricky if it telescopes. it will have a different moment if it is telescoped out and then boomed up to a given radius, compared to not telescoped and then boomed down to the same radius.
When you get all the forces figured out, then the equation will involve integrating the tipping moment as a function of the slewing position, relative to the either the long or short axis of the base.