• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

crusher nuts and bolts

mikey531

Somewhere I found a web site showing large bolts with nuts that had smaller bolts all around the nut to tighten against the plate, I thought I saw them used on a cone crusher. Does anyone have the link to the web site?

Thanks!

Delmer

No website, but I've seen pictures of the same product used on boilers, electric utility size.

mikey531

I wish I could draw what I am trying to explain. They were putting the cone back together and were tightening up the 2 inch ring bolts. they snugged them up and then took a 1/2 impact wrench and tighten the ring of bolts threaded into the nut it tightened it without using a 4 foot bar on a wrench.

ben46a

We used similar fasteners for front strut mounting on 797s for certain customers. They were testing them on other locations on the trucks as well but I can't recall where exactly, I'm thinking steering ballstuds but its been a couple years since I've worked on one.