• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CTA 8.3 Cummins

Self-Jameel

Pls folks I need help, too much air coming out of the engine crankcase, for a newly built (overhaul) engine A new turbo charger as well,what might likely be the problem

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Heavy crankcase blowbye is generally caused by problems with rings in cylinders, can also be caused by a faulty air compressor running off of the engine if it has one, or from a turbo dumping boost air into the oil return line in the pan.
That is all that I can think of.
Simon C

Self-Jameel

Heavy crankcase blowbye is generally caused by problems with rings in cylinders, can also be caused by a faulty air compressor running off of the engine if it has one, or from a turbo dumping boost air into the oil return line in the pan.
That is all that I can think of.
Simon C
Change a new turbo cause the old one is faulty.further more I'm more disturbed cos it wasn't long I overhaul the engine in frame..

terex herder

Why did previous engine fail? Could be bad intake system allowed dirt into engine, engine overhaul didn't fix intake leak.