• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cubic yards?

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
WOW I got asked that question to day also. only thing is I did not have the answer at hand and had to look it up.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Too late! Trainwreck has already submitted a bid for a quantity that's 27 time larger that it actually is... :eek:

Is our Errors and Ommissions insurance paid up?

plowking740

Occupation
Equipment operator
this is taken from the Cederapids Pocket reference book. 17th edition.

To find the volume of a Stockpile:

use the formule : Volume = .2618 x D2 x H

Example: To find the volume of a 10' stockpile that has a 26'-6" diameter

Volume = .2618x (26'-6")2 x 10

volume = 1838.49 cu ft

Volume ( in cu. ft ) x weight/cu. ft / 2000 = tons.

volume ( in cu. ft ) /27 = Volume ( In cu. Yards.)

I hoped that you haved recieved your training MIT or Cal Tech, because this seems like a lot of math to do.

this little book is perfect for any one in the aggregate business. gives you every thing from dumping angles of certain materials to hardnes of rock and all kinds of data on crushers and convayors

I hope this helped

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
There is just something about pie are squared though.:)

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I was just giving him the formula to find the volume. Different materials have different compactions losses and I didnt know what type of rock he was working with.

Fair enough but more importantly he never mentioned the average size of the rock he's dealing with or whether it got there natural or was placed there earlier by some machine.This could factor in big time as I'm now sure you know.