• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cummins 335 taper nose crank oil pump.

workshoprat92

Working on a 335 taper nose crank cummins. I found the gaskets i need but cannot find the o ring #4 on the picture. Sorry but i cannot locate a serial number whatsoever. I looked everywhere and have come to the conclusion its a replacement block and has no serial number. All i can tell you is its a 335 taper nose crank engine out of a 69 cabover freightliner. Anyone know where i can find the part number? I cant even find a pump for sale that has this oil supply tube for the piston oil cooler nozzles. 20221212_174433.jpg

Former Wrench

Occupation
Retired
Working on a 335 taper nose crank cummins. I found the gaskets i need but cannot find the o ring #4 on the picture. Sorry but i cannot locate a serial number whatsoever. I looked everywhere and have come to the conclusion its a replacement block and has no serial number. All i can tell you is its a 335 taper nose crank engine out of a 69 cabover freightliner. Anyone know where i can find the part number? I cant even find a pump for sale that has this oil supply tube for the piston oil cooler nozzles. View attachment 274844

My "go to" source would be Miller Truck Salvage in Portland, OR. 503/283-1797. They specialize in old trucks & parts from 1970 and newer. Good luck.

Truck Shop

Can't remember filter number but Wix/Napa carries it, the gasket will be tough, some had a 0-ring.
As far as the #4 o-ring it's nothing special, can match that up with o-ring kit.
The oil pump is a small cam pump used up to 1975 in regular production.

workshoprat92

Can't remember filter number but Wix/Napa carries it, the gasket will be tough, some had a 0-ring.
As far as the #4 o-ring it's nothing special, can match that up with o-ring kit.
The oil pump is a small cam pump used up to 1975 in regular production.

I think its a LF516 filter. Did not have an oring but it had a gasket. Fortunately the cummins part number is still able to be read on the gasket!