• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cummins 6ct 8.3, how to replacement crank front seal

Southbus

Dear, the new seal I installed has a white lip, it came with a plastic tube inside that came out back when I installed the gear cover, then I tightened all the cover bolts.
I think that maybe I should have affirmed this tube so that it did not come out backwards and thus remain separating the white lip from the crankshaft ...
It was not like that and I continued putting the pulley, the damper, etc ... all this was on Friday afternoon.
Yesterday I did the tests and after 1 hour with the engine running and also going around the block, I found no leaks in the crankshaft seal or in the gear cover. Today I will check if drops fell during the night and I will tell you.

Thank you
Cesar