• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cutting soil cement

vapor300

We have started the final stage of are highway job in LA and that is cutting soil cement on 4 miles of highway, and let me tell you it hs been one of the hardest most frustrating things ive ever done in my dirt moving career. We usually do around 18-20 loads a day, which is roughly 2500ft, and once the tiller has mixed it up you dont hve long before it starts sittin up, and being that we only have a .03 tolerance it takes a little time. But it has made me a better blade hand, nd hs been a blast.

here are some photos

Attachments

• soil2.jpg
    soil2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,203
  • soil 3.jpg
    soil 3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,161
  • soil 1.jpg
    soil 1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,138
  • soil 6.jpg
    soil 6.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,127
  • soil 44.jpg
    soil 44.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,110

GraderGrader

Occupation
Engineering Eq. Op
if you chisel edge the blade and make equal passes the soil cement should be easy to break up, I do lease roads with 4 in. rock embedded in them, 6 in. deep. Now that is some tough cuttin.......but chisel edgin works well.........and people wonder how I can do a road so fast............secrets...folks secrets.

vapor300

The soil cement is not hard when we cut it to grade, we are mixing it, compacting it, then cutting it to grade. Once its been mixed you have about 3hrs before it starts setting up

Kman9090

It's a 14M blade, In my personal oponion they are a dream. Everything is right there in your hands. No reaching for levers and trying to turn the steering wheel then grabbing another lever. Then theres some people that absoultly hate them and want nothing to do with them. For dirt work, finish grading, base rock, etc. they are awesome. The only downfall I could see for them is plowing snow because at high speeds they are hard to keep straight.