• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cylinder sleeve removal

Tenwheeler

yep definitly got sleeves, thats not the problem now, tore rest down and crank is killed, gonna have be turned around ten, then after that im lost on how find a over sized bearing, i can find everything on net except a crank
Find a teenager and send some pics. i have repaired several with bearing problems. It is not always as bad as you thank.

samsstuff

Ya, I thought most folks would decline spending that much for a crankshaft. But I didn't know what kind of predicament you were in.
How many journals were damaged ?
I would have had it built back up and reground if it were mine.
You made a good choice. IMHO.
found place in georgia real good on cranks, carrying block to chattanooga to get sleeve work done, its a ton more economical doing it this way, i cant justify buying one at auction with unseen issues, i know whats been done mine and besides im using all this old stuff help my son clear land thats been timbered and we aint got jars buried all in the yard full of money, that turned me into a fixer early on, thanks for the help.

samsstuff

Just to give everybody a update on the sleeve removal situation, this engine doesnt have sleeves, model number 3d95s-w-1, maybe this will save somebody some head ache, mines getting sleeves anyway, its at a shop to have the block cut down and installed, my cylinders might have been oblong but i would have taken the chance, crank is at another shop getting turned on one journal, it might be end of summer but ill have it back running, all total ill have about 2 grand in it at the end but couldnt find a engine in my price range, be glad see my old pc50uu-1 running again, thanks for everyones help.