• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D10 and D10N

mels321

Hi,

I own a few old dozers and need to find the serial numbers of some undercarriage parts. I don't have an SIS or work with a dealership, so I've been using avspart(.)com and parts.cat(.)com.

I have a question about the Compatible Models listed for part numbers. Specifically, I'm wondering which D10 models are referred to by "10 10C 10S 10U D10" – is it the D10N, D10R, or the original D10?

Additionally, I'm trying to source undercarriage parts for our D10-84W series dozers, which are quite old. Specifically, I'm looking for the track link assembly (part number 9P-5137). Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question regarding the compatibility of a specific part number, 9W-6025, with my bulldozers. We have 11 dozers, including 5 D10Ns, 3 D10Ls, 1 D9N, 1 D9L, and 1 D11, and I am based in Egypt where the economy is going through a crisis. As a result, I want to stock up on undercarriage parts to ensure that I can keep the machines running.

The part number 9W-6025, according to the CAT website, is compatible with "10 10SU 10U 58L 59 59L 59N D10N," and although it includes the "10" designation, which I know refers to the original D10 model I mentioned earlier, I am uncertain if it will work on the D10N as well. The D10L shares more similarities with the D11N than the D10N, which leads me to question the compatibility of the part.

People in the Egyptian market have advised me to sell the D10L because it is difficult to find undercarriage parts for it, but my father is content with the machines and wants to keep running them. Is there a way to find the parts I need to keep the D10Ls in operation?

Last edited:

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Specifically, I'm wondering which D10 models are referred to by "10 10C 10S 10U D10"
From what I can see in the absence of any more context those are all blade types. All the different types of blade were available for all the various models of D10 although part numbers might change between a say a 2YD-prefix D10N tractor and an 84W-prefix D11.

10C - #10 Cushion Blade (narrow and specifically designed for pushing motor scrapers)
10S - #10 Semi-U Blade (or could be Straight, not sure but I suspect semi-U)
10U - #10 Universal Blade (physically wider and higher than an SU blade. Designed for pushing large quantities of loose material over longer distances.)

Nige

I'm looking for the track link assembly (part number 9P-5137). Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated.
The 9P-5137 Link Assembly for an 84W-machine has been replaced by 6Y-1691.
In turn 6Y-1691 is replaced by 239-0674, or by 239-0673 if you want to go for the newer-style PPR track links. See the attached Service Magazine.

All of the Part Numbers listed above are a direct replacement for 9P-5137 on an existing tractor undercarriage without the need for any modification.

Attachments

• SEPD0728.pdf
    213.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Nige

The part number 9W-6025, according to the CAT website, is compatible with "10 10SU 10U 58L 59 59L 59N D10N," and although it includes the "10" designation, which I know refers to the original D10 model I mentioned earlier, I am uncertain if it will work on the D10N as well.
The 9W-6025 Link Assembly is replaced by 6Y-2058.
Then 6Y-2058 is replaced by 238-9852 if you want non-PPR, or 238-9851 if you want PPR links. See the attachment. If you have not co,me across PPR before, see this link - https://www.finning.com/content/dam...Undercarriage/PEHP7025-04 - PPR Track TTT.pdf

SIS has some incorrect data regarding the 9W-6025/6Y-2058 Links. It shows them as being part of the 10SU (1RH S/N prefix) Blade assembly which is INCORRECT because it is a blade not a tractor Serial Number prefix.

Any of 9W-6025/6Y-2058 Link Assemblies and the latest 238-9851/238-9852 Part Numbers can be fitted to a D10N tractor with S/N prefix 3SK or 2YD, or to a D10R tractor with S/N prefix 3KR or AKT.

Attachments

• SEPD0720.pdf
    207.4 KB · Views: 7

mels321

Hello Nige,

Thank you for your detailed responses.

239-0674, or by 239-0673

If I would like to purchase these outside of a dealership, where would I find them? I know there are different undercarriage vendors Berco, DCM, ITR, ITM etc... I am wondering do they even manufacture them still?

If you would like standardize on track links then if you post a list of the Serial Numbers of your tractors I can probably figure out what undercarriage is compatible with what.

I am trying to build a serial number list for the undercarriage of each machine so I could use it for shopping purposes. Chain links, shoes, sprockets, rollers, nuts, bolts, etc...

1. 14Y00679 (D9L)
2. 2YD01595 (D10N)
3. 84W00553 (D10)
4. 84W00383 (D10)
5. 74Z1128 (D11)

The rest of the machines I dont have their numbers at the moment. I will try and get the D9N serial.

Last edited:

mels321

although it includes the "10" designation, which I know refers to the original D10 model I mentioned earlier, I am uncertain if it will work on the D10N as well. The D10L shares more similarities with the D11N than the D10N, which leads me to question the compatibility of the part.

"D10N as well" should have been "D10L as well"

I made typo here. I wasnt sure if the group below
"9W-6025 Link Assembly is replaced by 6Y-2058. is replaced by 238-9852 if you want non-PPR, or 238-9851"would work on a D10L.

My confusion stemmed from the fact that the CAT website said that the 9W-6025 is compatible with "10 10SU 10U 58L 59 59L 59N D10N," Then you explained that prefix's after the numbers are blade sizes. I am not sure why that would be relevant when talking about undercarriages.

mels321

I took pictures of the sizes of the links together, we can visually see the the track shoes for each model is different. They are not the same size.

track links.png

The D10L's are the ones giving us the most problems when it comes to spare parts. I cant find sprockets for it, I am hoping with the correct Serials I can find a vendor that has something in stock.

In one of the D010L's, we are planning on retrofitting the D348 with 3508 engine. As D348 spare parts are scarce. For example, if the crankshaft requires a non standard main bearing, then we scrap that crankshaft and search for one that would work as standard. Usually, those parts are taken from used engines. So they are not the best to begin with.

Nige

If I would like to purchase these outside of a dealership, where would I find them? I know there are different undercarriage vendors Berco, DCM, ITR, ITM etc... I am wondering do they even manufacture them still?
Aftermarket undercarriage options will be limited because of the size of the machines but I think some options should still available. I would imagine Berco will offer something, and probably also ITR.

What I would suggest at this point is get a complete Serial Number list together. You said earlier you have a total of 11 tractors but only supplied 5 S/Nos so far. Get the rest of the S/Nos together and go from there.

Having all the Serial Numbers would enable a list of Link Groups and other undercarriage parts to be created. Once you have that list you could contact potential aftermarket suppliers or their agents and ask them "can you sell me a replacement for this Cat Part Number.?"

Nige

My confusion stemmed from the fact that the CAT website said that the 9W-6025 is compatible with "10 10SU 10U 58L 59 59L 59N D10N," Then you explained that prefix's after the numbers are blade sizes. I am not sure why that would be relevant when talking about undercarriages.
As I explained earlier this is an ERROR in the online information. The link to undercarriage parts in the 10SU blade information should NOT EXIST. All that it does is cause confusion.

Nige, I’m glad you brought up the D10L labeling. I’ve been in many arguments about that. Although I’ve seen some D10L badges on some machines for sale, there never was one. Started w the D10, then it became the D11N while the 9L became the 10N.

Tyler d4c

Your mention of "D10L" tractors intrigues me. That is a model I personally haven't come across before (maybe badged differently for the Middle East?) so would definitely need the Serial Numbers for them.
Always seemed in the local lingo of western pa the original d10 was always referred to as a 10L. But pennsylvania and the OP are a few miles away. Tho there is a old guy local to me who I tell was there helping build the pyramids.

Tyler, I’m not too far from you. And I actually work in western pa. Maybe since I’m a buckeye and I work w the yinzers that’s where the whole L/no L debate comes from. Makes sense now.

mels321

Your mention of "D10L" tractors intrigues me. That is a model I personally haven't come across before (maybe badged differently for the Middle East?) so would definitely need the Serial Numbers for them.

I think the D10L name is like a tribal name, a non-official one used to differentiate (by users) the original 10 from the later versions.

I myself last year was wondering where the name came from and found a similar topic on this forum and the conclusion that there was no D10L. And no literature refers to it.

I used it up there for clarity's sake.

mels321

What I would suggest at this point is get a complete Serial Number list together. You said earlier you have a total of 11 tractors but only supplied 5 S/Nos so far. Get the rest of the S/Nos together and go from there.

I am afraid there are 3 machines that my guys are unable to provide a number for, an example of how the plate looks are seen here. One is painted over and they are waiting to get paint thinner and try and show the plate.

We sell the d10's as a d11, since they are really similar in size.

My biggest concern is finding D10 (84W) parts, sprockets, chain links, etc.. We need to create a shopping list for these machines. Mainly undercarriage.

1 Idler
2 Bogie Pin
3 Track Group
3.1 Chain Link
3.2 Shoe
3.3 Shoe (master)
3.4 Bolt
3.5 Nuts
5 Track Shoes
6 Sprocket
7 Single Frame Rollers
8 Double Frame Rollers
9 RH Lock
10 LH Lock
11 RH/LH Lock nails
12 Sleeve Bearing

I am not sure of the part number, but like the pivot shaft bearings, the ones that are between the shaft and the frame.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-05-12 at 3.05.40 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-12 at 3.05.40 PM.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-08 at 10.22.38 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-08 at 10.22.38 AM.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator: