• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

d11n Repair

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Thanks for the compliment Steve, and yes that is me in the bore repair video.

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
First post here

This is my first post here. I was sent a link to this thread by a friend. It has interest to me as I was line boring a 10R pivot shaft bore at the time.
I've been line boring heavy equipment since 1988 so I might hang around and pick up a few ideas and tips and maybe I have some stuff I can share:)

steve loving

Ray you do alot of boring that is a nice set up. I used to bore more when i worked for a small strip mine about 15 years ago the owner had a hyd bar drive but we still had to build the bores by hand. Now i just work with a small service truck doing maby 70% mechinical 30% welding 10% boring. So im no pro lineborer its just something i do from time to time. i actually built the old rig in the pictures because a company in town had a 355 komatsu they had let the sprrocket segments run loose and messing up the hubs. With labor and parts at 10 grand a side at komatsu he ask me to repair it thats how she was born. a big drill tacked to the roller frame i have a stub bar with for jt drill bits. I drilled close then took a reamer and repaired the holes. Having to be larger i used segment bolts from d11 or something in the repair. The machine was sold years later and somewhere in this world some dude is scratching his head thinking wtf when he wants change segments. I just dont get enough to warrent buying like a york but i have been looking at building a new one. Send more pics heres a few more of my old stuff

Attachments

• Finished d11 rollerframe 011.JPG
    Finished d11 rollerframe 011.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 663
  • Finished d11 rollerframe 015.JPG
    Finished d11 rollerframe 015.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 656
  • Lineboring%20006.jpg
    Lineboring%20006.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 630
  • LINEBORING%20001.jpg
    LINEBORING%20001.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 660
  • 992%20d%20lineboring%20005.jpg
    992%20d%20lineboring%20005.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 627

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
I like your pics:) One of the necessities of onsite machining is being able to improvise and it looks as though you can do that.
My gear is manufactured locally by Hofmann Engineering.We can bore from around 11/2 inch to around 36 and face out to those diameters as well.I used to employ men and had a few rigs but I've scaled down and now there's only me. I'm trying to scale back more but my clients have other ideas.The contract miner where I'm working at the moment have 2 D10R's to do(all bores,rippers etc)a couple of 785 trucks,a WA1200 bucket,Cat 994 loader frame,levers bucket and a heap of lathe and milling work.

steve loving

Ray the jobs you do are awsome. You could put the jobs i do in the bores of what you do. Im going to have to pic your brain now. Aprox what rpm or sfpm would you run on a 10.375 bore roughing and finish. Thanks Steve

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
Probably around 120 to 150 rpm. A welded bore I would take to size with 3 cuts,the last one around 10 thou for a finisher.I use carbide inserts. I like to put in just enough weld.A 100 thou in the diameter is plenty.