• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D3C Ripper Valve

Phil_C

Hello All
I need to fit a set of rippers to a D3C. I am trying to find a ripper valve to add to the valve bank but the serial number is not recognized by SIS. The serial number is 9CL00495. This is an LGP model. Would the valve bank be the same on the standard version? 4TS, 5NS, 6SL, 7XL are all listed as D3C serial prefixes on https://www.topbid.com/resources/manufacturers/caterpillar-series-and-country-of-origin/
I think the 9T7641 ripper valve is the right valve but the illustration looks slightly different to the other valves in the machine.
Also does anyone know the year it was built?

Regards

Phil

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The 9CL-prefix D3C Series III machine is listed along with 4TS, 5GS, & 6SL prefixes in a number of service publications.
I assume it's a grey import only manufactured for the Japanese market, that's why SIS has nothing on it other than a few obscure references.

9T-7641 is listed as the ripper control valve for the three S/N prefixes above, it doesn't matter whether the tractor is Hystat or powershift. So I would say with a reasonable degree of certainty that it will also fit your machine.

No idea on year.

Phil_C

Hello Nige
Thanks for the reply. I spoke to my nephew about the machine and he confirmed that it is a grey import.
I will order a 9T-7641 valve and all the other parts I need to add the ripper valve and lever control. Only one part is listed as NLA so I might have to make that part up.

Regards

Phil