• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D475A-3 dozer blade drop down

ahmedFazil

Hi team

I have a problem with my D475A -3 komatsu dozer. When lifting the blade while ripping ot doesn't stay up ..... it drops down fast that cant rip. Kindly assist.

Thanks.

Welder Dave

Did the blade used to creep at all? Normally you'd think the cylinder seals are leaking if they won't hold but on a big machine like that it could be something else. Do you see any leaks from a blown hose or loose fitting?

paulinkansas

cylinder seals is what I was thinking too, but I don't have many posts on this site to give me much credibility.

ahmedFazil

Yes it used to creep and just like that it started to drift. Have checked for external leakages on the hydraulic lines but all are ok. Have opened up tge cylinder and found the piston seals worn out.

Welder Dave

Yes it used to creep and just like that it started to drift. Have checked for external leakages on the hydraulic lines but all are ok. Have opened up tge cylinder and found the piston seals worn out.

Cylinders seals are the most common reason. My skid steer did the same thing. New seal kit and all is good.