• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6N pivot shaft

QuickTrax

This came into the shop today. Has anyone ran into this issue? If so, what was the fix?
Thanks, QuickTrax

Attachments

• PIVOT SHAFT CRACK 005.JPG
    PIVOT SHAFT CRACK 005.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 1,970

grandpa

Yup... ran into it before.... pull the roller frame off,, clean it up and weld it all back together,,, then cut a ring out of at least 1/2 inch thick material slide it from the inside over the broken area and weld in place. Its held for 4 years for me on a D4H.

QuickTrax

I appreciate the advice grampa. The problem we have is it cracked through the press fit of the inner bearing. we are thinking of cutting the pivot shaft housing off of the rollerframe and machining a new one and welding it back on.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
This came into the shop today. Has anyone ran into this issue? If so, what was the fix?
Thanks, QuickTrax
Dang I wonder if I know who owns that dozer.Tell Tommy that must be one of my ex employees machines.That's how good his top hands are at maintaining the equipment.

grandpa

I appreciate the advice grampa. The problem we have is it cracked through the press fit of the inner bearing. we are thinking of cutting the pivot shaft housing off of the rollerframe and machining a new one and welding it back on.

Yes , I see, I caught mine well before that degree of failure.

Ajkc

Hi Every one i am new to this forum been reading here for awhile lots of great people for some im not trying to hijack your post but for some reason it wont let me post a new one???? I have a question about our 93 D6H that we just bought it has the Diff steering and im finding the twist grip from fwd. to rev. is very tough to turn is there any fix for this ???? thanks in advance

Ajkc

Thanks for the quick reply i guess i havent made 5 posts yet sorry its a 3ZF prefix

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Thanks for the quick reply i guess i havent made 5 posts yet sorry its a 3ZF prefix
Info on it's way to you. One thing I forgot to mention is maybe all it might need is to disassemble and throughly clean the linkage, both at the transmission end and the cab end. You might well find it's just full of crap that prevents the cable moving freely.

Davvinciman

Occupation
Operating engineer and business owner

Wow! That is, no doubt, the right way to do it if you have the bucks but I think Grandpa's version of the fix mixed with a re-weld and boring of the press bearing mount would be a lot less expensive. You would probably need that part shipped in from Indonesia or other location (rare that a dealer has that on hand) and if that happened because of a an over zealous operator or just negligence, you going to have a few more bills down the road with other parts. BUT, your fix IS the right way to do it. (I'm just cheap)

Last edited: