• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6N will not turn left

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I have a D6N that will not turn left or right. It will steer right in reverse and machine will move forward and backward.
Has this steering problem appeared seemingly from nowhere or has there been a problem for a while with difficult steering that has got worse & worse over time to the point you're at now.?

Also, on the digital window of the Monitor System, is the SERV CODE icon lit up all the time.? I know it will come on when you first turn on the key but after the self-test of the panel it should go off. Does it.?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Sorry I can't suggest anything off the top of my head apart from slightly loosening one end of the hose that you replaced then with the engine idling & transmission in neutral slowly move the steering tiller from the centre in one direction and see if you get any air out.
CARE is needed because there will be oil under pressure in that hose.

tctractors

Can the Tractor do a spin turn, the steering system as you possibly know is high pressure hydraulic activation via the swing motor, if a gear in the steering hubs has failed you can usually detect some small amount of movement left or right turn forward or backwards, on a spin turn the transmission is doing nothing just the steering system doing the work. tctractors