• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6R fire

TimHay

Occupation
Self employed
I finished a small road job. went to get my cat 4 days later and this is what I found.(i hope this works)

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 2,686
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 2,695
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 2,657
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 2,686
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 2,675

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Look at the first pic, looks like it started in the belly pan.....?

Sorry to hear about your machine though

Pj

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
If they wont fix it for you, Try to buy it back from them as owner you have first right of refusal.........and if you dont want it let me know I would be interested in it :D

Pj

TimHay

Occupation
Self employed
I think arson. Firechief said it could of been the batteries. The master switch was off (my operator said) could not find the key though, the ignition key was were we hide it, but not the master.
Yes i have insurance they are writing it off over 86,000 in damage. paid 87,500 at richie brothers in the spring.I know the owner. It ran great burned no oil need a undercarrige but big deal. No chemical residue was found in the cab

TimHay

Occupation
Self employed
If they wont fix it for you, Try to buy it back from them as owner you have first right of refusal.........and if you dont want it let me know I would be interested in it :D

Pj

I can buy it back 10-15%. I dont know yet. The ripper is worth about 10+/-
Here are some more pics.
It never it never got to the motor

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 2,615
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 2,639
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 2,655
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 2,612
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 2,615

TimHay

Occupation
Self employed
i would think if it started in the belly pan there would be some soot in the engine compartment and i don't see any.

I had just did the hardbar right before that job, and we cleaned out the stump pans. Also it was sitting for 4 days before the fire started so I am almost positive it never came from the stump pan

swampdog

A buy back at 10-15% sounds promising, if you have the time to part it out or fix it. I've looked at similar machines - maybe even yours - at RB in Edmonton. As you know, they usually have lots of them there at the sales. The main problem with RB in Edmonton is that the auctions are too popular and too many buyers drive the prices up. If I remember correctly, they set a sales record for the company there this past spring.

cummins05

Probably arson to bad Tim funny how the master is gone.
I dunno if i would buy it back could get burnt again in repairs if you cant do it all yourself . but if you can then you might be laughing all the way to the bank

TimHay

Occupation
Self employed
I wont fix it my self. no time. I am off to richie in G P on the 24 and 25 if i buy the same kind i might keep it for parts. I would'nt have to buy the ripper then

cummins05

Rippers and winches are retarded in price for what they are. hey maybe you could buy some Iron of horizan cheap right now lol

TimHay

Occupation
Self employed
Insurance settled today 89,000 and i keep the cat. So know iam off to richie brothers monday night to buy a another.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Insurance settled today 89,000 and i keep the cat. So know iam off to richie brothers monday night to buy a another.

Where did your dozer burn? We had a 8N out a few weeks back, someone drained the oil in the engine, started the dozer and let it run, then shot out the windows and some sheet metal and drained the fuel tank.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
On highway 633, 2 miles from Alberta Beach and 2 miles from my house

Ours burned near Alberta Beach but I am not quite sure where abouts. I will ask our service guy tommorrow. It's a shame it was one of our nicest 8N's