• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6R fire

TimHay

Occupation
Self employed
Always happens to the good ones
Mine had 6300hrs burned no oil i just did the hard bar. What can you do

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Always happens to the good ones
Mine had 6300hrs burned no oil i just did the hard bar. What can you do

Ours had 30 or so thousand hours on her, burned some oil but she pushed like a champ. Plus the cab was still in decent shape.

cummins05

gee maybe the guy got mixed up and thought your D6 was a surway dozer tim lol

Maybe we need to put ATTN not a surway machine on them now

dozerbill57

Occupation
Retired
Sorry for your guys loss !

Maybe you guys better install som hidden cameras in case thebe or a vandal strikes you again , maybe some one you know ! :usa :drinkup I am sorry about your loss , some one steals my tools off my locked truck often ! Wish i could catch who ever . :usa

dozerbill57

Occupation
Retired
HiddenCamera

hey dozerbill..........maybe you need the hidden camera.....lol

I am looking into the hidden camera zbo2 , trying to figure out where to place on a service truck where it can't be found . The dozers that was burn't and vandalized , maybe put battery operated camera in brush , up tree , on hill side. How many times can our friends take those kind of hits . :usa :beatsme zbo2 couldn't you think of something better to say !

Last edited:

zbo2

lol.....sorry, didn't mean to get all up in your feelings...just stating the obvious.........i have some friends who are using the trail cams to keep an eye on their kids at night makin sure they are not sneekin out of the house.......if they had them years ago, i would have been caught more than once....lol

dozerbill57

Occupation
Retired
Sorry zbo2

lol.....sorry, didn't mean to get all up in your feelings...just stating the obvious.........i have some friends who are using the trail cams to keep an eye on their kids at night makin sure they are not sneekin out of the house.......if they had them years ago, i would have been caught more than once....lol

Yo are a nice guy , lost my cool , i knew i would be eating crow ! :eek:

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction

Haha very funny....lol Should also put... Not Horizon Earthworks as well.

Tinkerer

By all means get the trail camera. Last summer three burglars made the news , they were breaking into a garage that was attached to a home. Turns out the homeowner had a trail cam set on video mode in a tree next to the driveway. He knew that deer were crossing his driveway and simply wanted to get a video of the deer. The police had the crooks in the slammer the next day.

muller

Hello, look i had the same problem witha d6rxl but it burned complitely except the engine, we think the fire started somewhere on the manifull and fuel injector but we dont know exactly, i cant post pics because i am new on the forum, but as soon as i can i will.

Lee-online

I have seen a few fires started from the battery cable shorting to the frame. I fixed a D9R that burnt up. The fire investigator found the cable and the clamp that holds it to the frame had rubbed through and shorted out. The master was not off so it arced until it set the machine on fire. The cable ran along the inside of the left frame rail along with other hoses including the fuel lines. They burnt through and then the fuel tank drained all the fuel into the belly pans under the cab.
Whenever i see a clamp with the protective plastic worn off, i replace it.

jimrr

Occupation
marine engineer/ at sea
with unemployment like it is you might find someone to start replacing burned wires, seats, repaint and such. it might take them a few weeks but it looks like you could bring it back with a lot of elbow grease.
If that was arson they'll get theirs though you may never hear of it.

raolela

Occupation
sell used construction machines
arson is big possible... look liek a beautiful machine, only cabin is fired...bad news...