• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6r lgp

Swe_Dozer

Occupation
Driving D6H xl
Im thinking about buy a Cat D6R LGP year 1997 to 2003 what can i think about? comments please! and what year cat start whit pilot steer?

gasfield315c

Occupation
build gaswell locations in the steeper than a mule
dont know what years are what, but we have several D6R's at work, and the later models are better than the 1 really early model R we have, it doesnt have pilot blade control, is slower and weaker, i would definately go with a later year model

grunk36

Occupation
trainer/technical support with TRIMBLE/SITECH denm
i would try very hard to find a D6R lgp series 3 it should be possible to find one with low hours and to a reasonable price

tdozer

The series 2&3 machines were nice dozers. we have had both narrow gauge and lgp. I always loved the lgp's for fine grading, especially with diff-steering.

JASON M

Occupation
Const company owner
D6R LGP outside C-frame is a good tractor; bought ours new several years ago; never any problems. Rented an inside-C frame D6R unit; it had poor balance and tended to gouge while attempting to grade.
Anyway, gobs of power and w/ diff steer, is quite agile for such a large dozer. Worlds more power and weight over the smaller D6N LGP, which we also have. I welded tall grouser strips on ours and she'll spin both tracks, no matter. Our D6R LGP has the Paccar rear-mounted winch, that works well, except that the winch operation button on the joystick fails from time to time.

gasfield315c

Occupation
build gaswell locations in the steeper than a mule
yeah all the D6R's we have are C-frame on outside with manual swing blades...they are all series 3's but one and all have paccar winches, but none are LGP's though, and i love them...all but that winch, its to jerky for me you can't ease it just a little bit, and we have had them mess up and spool out with weight on them. And to be a bigger dozer you can do some good gradework with an R