• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D7e vpat???

vapor300

Why dont cat make the the 7 avaliable with a vpat blade??? A 7E LGP with VPAT are company would buy 10 of them! We own 4 of the E series already but cant really justify buying anymore, they cant finish like a 6 can, and cant push with an 8

JoeinTX

I don't know for sure, but, I would presume that most makers equip PAT blades to simply the smaller/finish grade and utility sized dozers. The PAT is good at a number of things but it's not great for max strength or blade capacity that the larger, production-emphasized dozers are designed and built for.

I would consider the D-7 to be the start of Cat's larger, production class dozer optimized for maximum capacity per pass as opposed to general utility. Many might not think of the -7 as a "big" dozer but I would as here in ranching and oil field country the most common by far size of rig was something in the D-5/6 class. Cats, TD-15s, HD-11s, etc. Bigger dozers were comparatively rare and far between. In other parts (coal and mining areas) it's not the case, I understand.