• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D7F Transmission over heating after 3-4 hours

.RC.

Here are some scans. The speed and directional taps will be under a plate on top of the transmission. Probably 1/8NPT thread, and some others could be 9/16 UNO. Do not automatically think every pressure tap is going to use the same thread. The last lot of photo's show the location of the pressure taps and testing. Also shows the setting of the transmission controls. Also have included the troubleshooting guide from the manual. You could have air getting into the system when the oil is hot and hoses and seal soften causing low oil pressure.

I also scanned in parts manual pages in case you want to get the expensive silicone O-Rings and reseal the transmission control valve.Someone may be able to decipher what you need for that. My D6D had an issue where it would sometimes when the oil was hot would not engage properly, the transmission would slip and the dozer would barely move. I replaced the springs in the transmission control valve (had to come from singapore so took a couple of weeks) and the O-Rings and adjusted the control spool valves so far it seems good, but I have not given it a decent run yet.

D7F0001.jpgD7F0002.jpgD7F0003.jpgD7F0004.jpg

Last edited: