• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D8N diff Steer

mwilliams

Occupation
We build GPS machine control systems, started in 1
Would anyone here have any information on how the differential steering is controlled on a D8N? WE have a customer that wants to automate steering.
Any help would be appreciated.

My contact info:

Mark Williams
AGPS/ AMW, Inc
419 351 1397

Per Eriksson

It is basically an hydralic motor controlled by a spool in the mainvalve that is mechanically connected to the steering lever via rods and links, very simple.

mwilliams

Occupation
D8N steering

Per Eriksson,
Thank you for the information. Would you know if the the valve is inside or outside of a case like a transmission or final drive?

Thanks again,

Mark

Per Eriksson

The valvebank is located just below the cab floorplate, if you remove the floor it can be acessed quite easily. the linkages connecting it to the steering and blade control can be seen then too.

The valve lever needs about 180N of force to move it 10mm from center position and 550N to move it 17mm all the way into end detents if you are looking to control it with a actuator.

mwilliams

Occupation
Thanks you for the info. If there is any assistance I can provide, let me know

muller

trans help

Hello i am having problems with a d8n trans, all the forward friction discs are worning out very fast, it took like 4 hourst to take all the friction discs its the 2nd time, what shouldmi do.
thanks