• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deas New Ride

Deas Plant

Ansaldos.

Hi, Squizzy.
Amongst all the people that I have met or corresponded with in all the years that I have been in this game, there has been exactly one, repeat O-N-E, who had actually run any of the Ansaldos. From what I remember of his reports, the machines he operated were a bit like the larger IH's of the time, worked well - - - while they were working - - - but gave some final drive trouble. I gathered that spare parts were also a problem here in DownUnder.

If you can come up with any more photos, they would be appreciated as I know a French author who writes about vintage earthmoving machinery and who would likely be pleased to have them. I have to lift some frames from a video that I have here of a French ADN 130 crawler and send them to him. I will post those shots here too when I get it done.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Deas, those are the only pics I have at present but I have to trip southward to the farm to salvage a Southern Cross engine we used to run for irragation. I bought this book; http://www.ploughbooksales.com.au/010035.htm for my father but now the bug has bitten...those boys from Toowoomba even built locos. Anyway, I shall visit those Italian neighbours and see if I can get a pic...if they haven't sold out to the wineries.

Deas Plant

Looks interesting.

Hi, Squizzy.
Looks interesting. Personally, I haven't caught that particular bug yet. I did however, lash out and buy all four Crawler Tractor Scrapbooks a while back. Worth every cent, at least for me.

Deas Plant

More Alfapillar photos

Hi, Alfapillar.
Welcome to the forum. If you are interested in old machinery, there is a gentleman over your way whom you may be interested in meeting. His name is Frances Pierre and he researches and writes about them. I think I may have an e-mail address for him somewhere, assuming that it is still current, if you are interested.

Here are a few more photos of Ansaldo tractors. One of their advertising points was that they had a 'Battleship hull style' main frame. As I understand it, this comprised the main frame and belly guards in one unit with access covers for service needs.

Attachments

• 1947 Ansaldo TCA 60_YT.jpg
    1947 Ansaldo TCA 60_YT.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,692
  • Ansaldo Fossati AF8 tractor a50_1A_MMT.jpg
    Ansaldo Fossati AF8 tractor a50_1A_MMT.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,507
  • Ansaldo Fossati AF8 dozer a50_1A_MMT.jpg
    Ansaldo Fossati AF8 dozer a50_1A_MMT.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,659
  • Ansaldo Fossati AF8 with rake a50_1A_MMT.jpg
    Ansaldo Fossati AF8 with rake a50_1A_MMT.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,393

Alfapillar

Hi Deas,
I'm interested in all kind of machinery ! i supose that i wasn't born during this period ! and i have a lot of things to learn ! so any information would be helpful :drinkup

2manytractors

Occupation
PROFESSIONAL LANDSCAPER
Howdy mate. I have a similar unit although no blade or other equipment. My TCA70 in good working order. I am at CLARE SOUTH AUSTRALIA. I would like to make contact with other owners of units such as mine to share information and ideas. I have all books for my unit-happy to share. I also have interests with Fiat 25c, 50c, crawler tractors and am looking to buy any Fiat 300 series or 400 series crawler tractors, and any David Brown crawlers. I would appreciate any contact with other owners of any of these units.

Kev TCA-70

Its an Ansaldo Fossati TA 70...all 70 Hp of it with the Alfa Romeo engine. I know they built tanks during the war.

We Have one of these Ansaldo Fossati TCA-70 Trctors with Hydraulic Blade a very good tractor, The Alfa Romeo engine has 4 valves per cylinder, they are a dry sump and the oil pump is a little of a problem in an old tractor as it pumps the oil from the sump to a reservoir and a second part of this pump also sucks from the reservoir to oil the engine. The drive on the cam wears quicker than it should and on a cold morning with thick oil it folds over the worn out gear and on starting the engine no one notices that the oil pressure is not up so they sieze the engine.
The horsepower would be 70 + heaps I have seen this little tractor out perform the 90 horsepower D6 cat by a mile.
I do not think the back end is weak because at one stage when our old Cat D8 2U broke down we used our Ansaldo TCA-70 on one end of the cable and on the other end was a Vickers Vigor 220 horsepower dozer this machine was opened up.

bobdring

Ansaldo Fossati TCA 70

My mate Dave and I (Bob) have one of these, configured as a dozer, on a farm in the Hunter valley. I have some photos but can't see how to attach them. We have just repaired a broken track drive ring gear and are still putting her back together. The ring gear is attached to the hub with 6 scotch keys that over time became worn and sheared. The ring gear slipped and climbed over the remains of the keys and split across a tooth valley. We had it welded closed but a crack test showed many other cracks in the making. Eventually we welded it to the hub...

Bob

Howdy mate. I have a similar unit although no blade or other equipment. My TCA70 in good working order. I am at CLARE SOUTH AUSTRALIA. I would like to make contact with other owners of units such as mine to share information and ideas. I have all books for my unit-happy to share. I also have interests with Fiat 25c, 50c, crawler tractors and am looking to buy any Fiat 300 series or 400 series crawler tractors, and any David Brown crawlers. I would appreciate any contact with other owners of any of these units.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I have some photos but can't see how to attach them.

Normally you need three posts to get past "probationary member" status, before you're allowed to post pics. The probationary thing is just an anti-spammer measure. Since you're obviously not here to spam the forum, I've promoted you to full member. You should be able to post pictures now. There's a tutorial on that in the support section, if you're not familiar with the procedure.

And welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums! :)

Spymell

Hello 2manytractors,

I am in about to buy a TCA 70 which I found in Europe. It is in a good condition. Any idea how much should I pay for?

Thanks!

Spymell

Diggerdozer

Occupation
Financial adviser, from simple straight forward fi
I have just bought a running AF8 and also rounding up a TCA 60 and 70 all gd rebuilders so any manuals or copies there of would be very usefull, I have photos I can email if someone can load for me

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
I have just bought a running AF8 and also rounding up a TCA 60 and 70 all gd rebuilders so any manuals or copies there of would be very usefull, I have photos I can email if someone can load for me

Mate i thought it would be still a bit wet up your way? i guess she will see action soon cleaning up/

Diggerdozer

Occupation
Financial adviser, from simple straight forward fi
yes with 950 mm it is wet so we wont be walking out 20ton dozers just yet, It will be interesting to hear it run , someone said it sounds like a merlin? , big 6 with 4 valves per cylinder

ianoz

Send them down Chester ,And i will put them up for you .

ianoz

There is a Guy down near Bundy I met a while back .He had worked for the dealer of Alsondo and Turner tractors .He put the President of thje Bundy tractor club on to a couple of machines .
Could drive to where he lives , but can't rember his name .