• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

deere 160clc

Super Steve

Occupation
laborer
hey guys, im new to the board and had a few questions about a machine me and my dad have been looking into buying. its an 07 john deere 160clc with 347 original hours on it. my question is did these machines come with a switch to go from cat controls to jd? also anybody around these forums run this machine? ups? downs?

ohh and i had a question about machines in general, i was wondering how to tell if it is a gray market machine or an american one? we rented a gray market komatsu once and all the wrighting was in japanese is that the only way to tell?

thanks guys i appreciate the help:usa

Last edited:

Super Steve

Occupation
laborer
heres some pics of the 160

Attachments

• 0-.jpg
    0-.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 703
  • 0--.jpg
    0--.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 694
  • 0---.jpg
    0---.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 670

T_S_S

Occupation
Owner , Total Site Solutions
Ive had some time on the 160clc great machine. How much is the machine going for? What will you guys be using it for? I believe that there should be a switch to change the style of controls. Why not just learn cat controls? (most, not all) machines are cat style controls. I would ask the dealer how much to plumb the machine and add a quick coupler. We have a jcb 160 machine with plumbing and q/c and i must say that we have been able to do so much more work, and work so much more efficently beacause of this. The extra coin that it cost's will more then pay for its self.

Super Steve

Occupation
laborer
we are going to be using the machine to dig foundations and trenches ect. we build houses and have been either renting machines or having someone else do all the site work, we have a dozer and backhoe too and have done yards only with those but for digging the cellars nothing beats the excavator. eventually i want to switch from building houses to only doing sitework so when my father goes to retire i will buy all the machines off him and start up my own business (thats the plan... a ways down the road)

as for the controls i want to learn the cat controls but i need it to be set for the deere controls so when i work it will be more effiecnt and safe but i want to learn the other way... not to mention my dad has been using the deere controls for the past 30 years so its kinda hard for him to break the habbit

the machine is goin for 85,000

Super Steve

Occupation
laborer
so what caught on fire the machine? ever find out what from?

scratch that just read the rest of the post... man that sucks

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Gray market Deere's don't exist, they are not sold anywhere else but the US. Hitachi is the global supplier for excavators outside of the US between Deere and Hitachi, it's a deal they have between them in their partnership.

Last edited:

dist3

Occupation
Equipment Manager Enviromental and Site Contractor
Seems like a great buy at that price!

Super Steve

Occupation
laborer
yah we bought her... bringin her home next week sometime if we dont get another storm

heres some more...

Attachments

• 00-2.jpg
    00-2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 557
  • 0--1.jpg
    0--1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 547
  • 00--2.jpg
    00--2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 544

johnnymack

That is a nice machine. I had looked at that machine and was thinking of buying it but i found a cat 318 at the same price with the same hours and year,so i taught the cat was a better deal.

coopers

Good buy Super Steve,

That's a beautiful machine. They're smooth machines. The CAT/DEERE control switch is in the engine compartment on the left side. There's a pic of a backhoe and excavator.

Deereman

Most Deeres don't have the pattern changer unless ordered. But it should be in the panel behind the cab. All you have to do is x' out 4 lines in about five minutes to change controls if it doesn't!!

Super Steve

Occupation
laborer
yah we found how to change it in the manual... it dosent have the switch, got her home yesterday so tomarrow we will be greasing and doing everything else...