• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 160D electrical/fuel problem

shane mercer

Hey guys I have a 2008 Deere 160D excavator. Difficulty starting at times, sometimes it will surge at idle, then when under load it smokes bad and has no power. Sometimes it runs fine. It is throwing code 627-1, but only when it is acting up. When the machine is running fine it does not have any active codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated as to what to check next. I've replaced one injector, and also the fuel suction control actuator. I have the other 3 injectors on order, but im not sure this will fix the problem as sometimes the machine works fine and sometimes it does not.

Thank you
Shane

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Please supply a complete machine serial number. Need that to access the correct information.

A 627.01 code is for high resistance in the injector circuit (all injectors). So check all electrical wiring and connections between the ECU and the plug that goes into the cylinder head.