• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 240 2000 model blows accessories fuse with key OFF

I have a Deere 240 skid steer around 2000 model that blows a 25 amp F1 Accessories fuse as soon as it is inserted. The machine runs fine but does not charge, no lights, etc. because of the fuse.

I have tested the relay for resistance, and swapped it for another one. No change. Relay seems good. Seems to get a little warm just sitting there.

I measure 12.3 volts across the blown fuse. This goes away only when I unplug the relay.

No other fuses have voltage across them with the key off

I unplugged the fuel injector and no change to this voltage reading.

New alternator.

Unplugged the alternator resistance relay, no change.

Any ideas? I have a service manual.

Update... Turns out it only blows it when the key is in the accessories position. I inspected all lights and removed all bulbs. In the upper left position of the instrument panel is a yellow wire plug and if I disconnect it does not blow the fuse. But I can't find where this goes.

I have a Deere 240 skid steer around 2000 model that blows a 25 amp F1 Accessories fuse as soon as it is inserted. The machine runs fine but does not charge, no lights, etc. because of the fuse.

I have tested the relay for resistance, and swapped it for another one. No change. Relay seems good. Seems to get a little warm just sitting there.

I measure 12.3 volts across the blown fuse. This goes away only when I unplug the relay.

No other fuses have voltage across them with the key off

I unplugged the fuel injector and no change to this voltage reading.

New alternator.

Unplugged the alternator resistance relay, no change.

Any ideas? I have a service manual.