• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 570-A Wheel Lean Problem

BellflowerMan

Occupation
Biochemist/retired; DIY mechanic
Just bought a 1977 JD 570-A grader ! In great shape...430 hours on engine...confirmed condition. The wheel lean system needs attention. The wheels will not stay upright after engine has been turned off and machine sits for a few days. Control valve leak ? Cylinder is tight ! Would appreciate advice concerning location of problem and parts required to fix it.

Thank you !!

Attachments

• Deere570AGrader2023WDR.jpg
    Deere570AGrader2023WDR.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 7

BellflowerMan

Occupation
Biochemist/retired; DIY mechanic
Thank you very much for the rapid reply !!!

Great to see that John Deere provides access to the parts catalogs for the old machinery. Will provide serial number the next time that I have a question....005357T. System won't let me print the page, but I have it bookmarked now. Must prepare the grader for snow work this winter.

Welder Dave

If it's similar to a Champion there would be a type of check valve to prevent the wheel lean cylinders from creeping. I forget what they call it but it was mentioned in a service manual. Kind of like lock valves on cranes or backhoe stabilizers. A bad seal or o-ring could be the problem.