• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 650h LGP intermident reverse steering issue

Mountainmover

Hello.
Having problems with a Deere 650h LGP. After sitting, wouldn't go in reverse. Then it kinda would...but would steer to one side. Then wouldn't.
Then works fine after taking electrical connections apart in tunnel plate (removed from rear) and cleaning with contact cleaner. Maybe that made a difference? Works fine since. But every so often reverse steering gets crazy. Even in the heat of those summer in dry dusty conditions.

Any ideas? I'm mostly a cat guy. I dabble in a few select Deere machines. This a better small Dozer than the comparable cat or Komatsu?

Thanks so much.

jlittle2212

Throwing any codes? If the 650 is set up like the 850, I would check the PCP's.

The PCP receives the signal from the TCU and lets the pump/motors know what to do.

Is one side of the tracks faster than the other in reverse?

Mountainmover

Had a friend hook his computer to it and he said no codes. When in reverse, it just acts confused. Only sometimes. But that could of times....wouldn't steer to one side in reverse.