• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 850k blade control wiring

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
A customer just purchased a slightly used 850 k (2012) which is not pre wired for blade control. It is now my job to wire this machine to run a too con system. Do you guys have ANY ideas regarding this? Kits, tricks, dos, donts? Hours involved? They will want the best products and the best install not the cheapest. TIO

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
I am assuming you mead Topcon GPS
Deere would have in the whole goods (thats through sales not parts) books options for field installing a topcon kit. Or you might even get with your local Topcon dealer. Here in Indiana our local Topcon guys would come and do alot of the electrical install and leave the hydraulic to us in the shop. If they look at you all confused, ask them to log a DTAC case and ask for you. It will not cost anything just a bit of time.

theironoracle

Occupation
Yes Top Con. What is a DTAC case? I will text the Deere salesman now......TIO

theironoracle

Occupation
So am I looking for a Deere kit or a top con kit? How many man hours to install the hydraulics? How about the wiring? TIO

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
Dtac is short for Deere Technical Assistance Center, The dealer can create a case using your s/n and ask questions or look up information using the DTAC data base and see if there is already an answer for you.
As far as the hydraulics and electrical. That all depends on if what you have is adaptable or if you will need a new valve. Are you wanting a complete system that lets the gps control the blade or just the heads up screen connected to GPS. I would get a topcon salesman out to look at your dozer and they can advise on what you need to install.

theironoracle

Occupation
Customer is wanting a "blade control system" tractor will probably show up late next week. Deere dealer is quoting kit based on serial number.....TIO