• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere off-road trucks

Dominion 410

yup, heres a couple

How do they compare with the Volvo and Cat trucks in terms of performance? Also are there any weak area's to watch for?

thanks, Dominion

cutting edge

How do they compare with the Volvo and Cat trucks in terms of performance? Also are there any weak area's to watch for?

thanks, Dominion

More stable than a Cat,not as comfortable as a volvo.

Solid machines overall,if there were any weak point I'd say electrical,but no serious issues that Ive come across.

SVTSHELBYGT500

Occupation
Excavating Contractor 30 + Yrs.
Have A JD 250C . Good Solid Truck. But Having Problems Sometimes With It Going Into Gear Forward & Reverse . Also Engine Brake And Brake Retarder Not Always Working. Could These Be Electrical Problems . I Understand The D Series Are Better.

Acivil

great cycle times, but electrical problems over 4-5k hrs, D series is getting better, but I love them. never had serious electrical probs though, just beepers going off till the wire gets unplugged and then the sensor gets replaced

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
I bought 2 deere 350D`s and they have 8000hrs and have been great machines. I did hear to stay away from the 300D`s tho because they were under powerd and i have seen some cheap ones around

DeanW

Occupation
Dozer
We rented some Deere 30T trucks last year for a job, had some problems with one of them. Apparently the truck we had was so screwed up they had an engineer come into the dealer an have a look at it, something with the rears. This year we had some Volvo trucks rented and seamed like a lot of issues with electrical things.