• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere Smackdown.com web site

MXZ

" Beyond that, I'll bet you could replicate the tests shown and get the same results in the field. "

FYI all, looks like the first comparison is up on this site now. Nothing earth shattering, but interesting nonetheless.

Replicate means to recreate or re-enact. Any major equipment manufacturer would be committing suicide to use doctored machines or rigged unequal conditions in a public comparison. Take machines of the same class and recreate the events shown and you will get the same results.

No hard feelings, just don't appreciate the attacks because something was taken out of context or apparently misunderstood.

Deereman

Is funny the differences between ppl and machines b/c I've heard what everyone does and doesn't like and thats all that matters to them.(what does it matter to you) that is the great thing about this forum. To learn and have a good time. As far as seat beats not all deere's have shoulder belts. Its a factory code order just like everything else. I believe metrac order all closed cabs with shoulder and open with just lap. Just depends on how the dealer orders them. I can run the E-H controls but don't care for them. Any good operator will get in and go reguardless of machine type. And deere is said to be changing the cab door situation on the next machines. But i tend to find on the NH,ASV's and others that the doors open from the side if the boom drifts up over night you have a problem getting in. Even thoe deere doesn't make the best of everything I will buy everything deere based on one parts place, resale, relationship with dealer/deere, and PUL. If I thought that case or komatsu was better i would buy totally them. Going to 4 or 5 dealerships to get parts gets old quick specially with ppl changing jobs so much. Seems like the minute you get a good parts boy or tech/mechanic you can trust and rely on they get gone.:my2c

Highwood5

My 04 90XT w/82 inch bucket and fat tires is about the closest thing to perfect for me. My first machine with ride control and servo controls Absolutely make the days pass easier. Big power for backfilling basements but still nice and smooth operator. Wouln't want anything changed. My pitbull on wheels!