• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Delivery truck custom made

Andre Grondin

Hi !

Here is one of my newest custom , not very inovative truck but lots of details , base is a conrad paystar , conrad atlas boom , tonkin headache box .

side tool boxes, brass made mirror ( yes real mirrors) , painted interior, stretched frame .

enjoy !!

sheetrock_truck_1001.jpg

sheetrock_truck_1002.jpg

sheetrock_truck_1003.jpg

sheetrock_truck_1007.jpg

sheetrock_truck_1009.jpg

sheetrock_truck_1006.jpg

sheetrock_truck_1005.jpg

sheetrock_truck_1011.jpg

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thats a great looking truck, I really like the way the bed looks I may have to post pics of mine

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Heres mine ,I started with a Mack Granite dump truck that I used for another custom , built the bed and added the palfinger crane , the tool box opens it was one of the boxes on a Tonkin drop deck trailer, here it is

Attachments

• mack.jpg
    mack.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,513
  • mack1.jpg
    mack1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,455
  • mack2.jpg
    mack2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 3,113

Andre Grondin

Hi !

Nice looking rig you got there ! those Mack's are simply gorgeous !!! good idea for the tool box , I try to find a way to remove the chrome on part so it would look more like Alu boxes .

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thanks, im pretty proud of it , I had to stretch the frame about an inch. its the only Mack in my collection other then the two B61's I have and the skid loader is the only model I have that isnt Cat other then a crusher

landrvrnut22

Occupation
Field Superintendent
Hi !

Here is one of my newest custom , not very inovative truck but lots of details , base is a conrad paystar , conrad atlas boom , tonkin headache box .

side tool boxes, brass made mirror ( yes real mirrors) , painted interior, stretched frame .

enjoy !!

That's a neat custom, but I gotta ask. Did you base this off a real truck? I looked at the pictures a few times, and it looked funny to me. Then it dawned on me. Every drywall truck I have been around, the crane base and turntable sit just behind the cab. Never seen one with the crane base on the back. Just an observation.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
good idea for the tool box , I try to find a way to remove the chrome on part so it would look more like Alu boxes .

I used to do a lot of modeling when I was younger. If you soak chromed parts overnight in a 50/50 solution of clorox bleach and water, it will dissolve the chrome from the plastic and not harm the part.

Andre Grondin

That's a neat custom, but I gotta ask. Did you base this off a real truck? I looked at the pictures a few times, and it looked funny to me. Then it dawned on me. Every drywall truck I have been around, the crane base and turntable sit just behind the cab. Never seen one with the crane base on the back. Just an observation.

HI !

The base truck is a Conrad 1/50 scale the Atlas crane is an NZG taken from another model , I should of write customised instead , and for the crane set-up in the back we see those every day.

thank you for the comments

Andre Grondin

I used to do a lot of modeling when I was younger. If you soak chromed parts overnight in a 50/50 solution of clorox bleach and water, it will dissolve the chrome from the plastic and not harm the part.

Fine I'll try that for sure , do you happen to know if it would do the same on die-cast chromed parts ?

Thank's for the trick

heavylift

Every drywall truck I have been around, the crane base and turntable sit just behind the cab. Never seen one with the crane base on the back. Just an observation.

I guess depends on how they are ordered... most here are on the back, so the can reach the stuff on their trailers.:)

Andre Grondin

The truck is based on a real truck that we have here in Granby working for RONA ( same as home hardware ) .