• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deutz 6806 D PTO

landgreen

Occupation
Landscape maintenance
Hi everyone. New to the site. While I don't own any heavy equipment, I'm trying to help my Uncle with his Deutz 6806 D. It's an early seventies model. The PTO clutch needs replacing. He's having a problem removing the throwout bearing. Is there some special trick to getting this off?

Any input would be appreciated. Or if someone knows of a qualified mechanic let me know. Looking for a service manual as well. Thanks!

Casepoclain

Occupation
Farming/ Realtor
I've had several Deutz tractors, they are great, until you need parts. I've never been that deep into one. Try Dr. Deutz, just Google that name, he's very helpful, Steve Kramer in MI 810-376-4731, is also very helpful. They used to be dealers with full service shops. Good luck!

landgreen

Occupation
Landscape maintenance
After talking to Steve, my Uncle has the bearing off and has ordered a new one from him. Thanks again for the help.

Casepoclain

Occupation
Farming/ Realtor
Glad to hear he got it out... I knew Steve could help you. I had lost my Paps tractor a D130 06 after his death (2002), it was sold. I just found it about a week ago being rebuilt for resale, and I'm buying it back!!! I'm so excited. Randy