• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diagnostic tools

Ivan_1981

Hi everyone!
I recently came to the United States. I'm looking for diagnostic tools to start my own business. Tools connecting with john deere equipment or just with engines is more preferably for me. If diag tools will be contain more wide equipment line, i'll be happy).
At the OBDII.SHOP website offers John Deere service advisor. Is it legal in the United States?

ozarkag

Deere "should" sell you Service Advisor, be interesting to know their current stance with right to repair. Any Service Advisor from anywhere else will be hacked/ black market. Jaltest by Cojali does pretty good for a non oem software.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Service advisor isn’t hard to get. Plenty of guys on fake book can accommodate you.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I’ve heard the ELD is tough to find these days but I don’t need one so I don’t know.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I have a laptop with Jaltest. I’ve used it on Deere, Komatsu and Cat. So far it’s done what I needed as far as reading and clearing codes. I’ve also used it on quite a few trucks and with the higher level access I can do turbo actuator calibrations and the like. I have truck, construction and ag coverage. I have not used ag yet. Having used ET with Cat stuff I’ll say it’s not as good but for a one stop shop it’s been worth the $. If I did a lot of Cat or Deere I’d have their software. Same for Cummins. At some point I can see having Jaltest, ET, Insite, Allison and a couple other proprietary programs but dang it would be spendy!