• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diecast Construction Models

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
As I love operating heavy equipment, I enjoy collecting diecast excavator models. Anyone else have any diecast models of construction equipment?

Attachments

• collection 1.JPG
    collection 1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 28,202
  • collection 2.JPG
    collection 2.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 17,909
  • coll 3.JPG
    coll 3.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 16,575
  • coll 4.JPG
    coll 4.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 17,569
  • coll 5.JPG
    coll 5.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 16,242

Journey

That's pretty cool. Don't suppose they have die-cast of the mini's? Father in law might like a die-cast of his PC50 for Christmas.

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
My Pride and joy. The Bucyrus 495HR mining done in 1:50 scale. 1 of only 1500 made.

If there are any models anyone wants to see up close I will be glad to take individual pictures.

Attachments

• camera 1 237.JPG
    camera 1 237.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 16,063

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Awsome!:thumbsup My collection is not as big - embarrasing compared to yours actually.:eek: I really like the Kobelco with the hydraulic thumb. Where do you get your models from?

Journey - theres a bobcat mini in there.

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I bought most of my models off of eBay. I got the thumb from a custom model builder and put it on myself. I Have bought a few customs that are not produced by any model companies. I have one model builder building me a custom Link-belt 210 long boom excavator in 1:50 scale!

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Very nice collection, only just started with construction die-cast, have a ton of #3, #8 and #29 NASCAR cars. Working on trying to get some equipment I have run as well as things we have owned in early years.
Trbo

DaveVB

Occupation
Maintenance Tech at Private Bible College
That's pretty cool. Don't suppose they have die-cast of the mini's? Father in law might like a die-cast of his PC50 for Christmas.

Dhsdiecast.com would be a good place to start. They also have a forum for collectors and operators. Good stuff there.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
:yup
I have to spend my money while I have it :)

Next question ,who does the dusting???? Nice shelfs,but i would consider getting inclosed glass shelfs easier to dust.Find some old antique show cases like they use to have in the candy stores.

That way your have two collections going:drinkup Good luck and nice collection!!!!!!:usa

surfer-joe

I have 40 to 50 models that I have collected by hook or crook over the last 40 years. Don't have the nice display shelves like yours yet, but I'm working on it. I've bought some off ebay, some from DHS or Buffalo Road Imports and some from other on-line sites. I currently have several kits to put together when I've nothing better to do, one is a rare plastic Michigan scraper that I bought from some guy in Switzerland. I have two or three of the AMC D8H kits, one is complete.

Don't buy so much off ebay these days as some of those guys jump in way early and run the price way over what it ought to be. Sometimes buying the same item direct from other on-line sellers is far cheaper. DHS has a nice page devoted to buyers and sellers of models, there are some good bargains there -- sometimes.

coopers

I really want the case 580M backhoe 1:16 scale. I can't wait to get it, it looks awesome! I also like the deere 544j loader 1:16 scale.

Blake
WA

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
lets see some more of those older case models..... those really bring back memories of being a kid...

Here are a few pics of the case excavator models i have

Attachments

• camera 1 410.JPG
    camera 1 410.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 14,515
  • camera 1 409.JPG
    camera 1 409.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 15,272
  • camera 1 408.JPG
    camera 1 408.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 15,541
  • camera 1 411.JPG
    camera 1 411.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 15,041

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
what a sweet collection! thats the best i have ever seen

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Here's my JD 650H Precision Model 1/16 scale. It weighs about 10 lbs. The Ol' Lady got this for my birthday while she was working at the JD dealership. It cost an arm ...they were asking for a leg too but she got a discount :cool:... but it was worth it.

Model 1.jpg

Model 2.jpg

Model 3.jpg

Model 5.jpg

Model 6.jpg

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Countryboy the precision by models Ertl are a great deal for the money. The 650H is awsome, oping doors, hood and amazing detail. I used to have the 1/16 case 580 backhoe, it was just like the real thing. "It cost an arm ...they were asking for a leg too but she got a discount ... but it was worth it."
You know that was the best $150.00 ever spent!!