• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diesel Engine Flutter

dirthog28

Ive got a Takeuchi TL130 with a Yanmar that flutters when under a heavy load mainly and when sitting idle you go to rev up quickly it flutters slightly. I've changed fuel filter on it but still does it. Any ideas??

Ultimateshrub

Ive got a Takeuchi TL130 with a Yanmar that flutters when under a heavy load mainly and when sitting idle you go to rev up quickly it flutters slightly. I've changed fuel filter on it but still does it. Any ideas??

I have the same machine and the same issue but have been told by the dealer that it is normal. I found that using a good quality diesel fuel additive reduced the flutter significantly.

dirthog28

have been told by the dealer that it is normal

I was wondering if all of them do that or just mine, my previous bobcat had 10hp less and it seem to stall out less, now if you back off and slow it down it will push on threw. What type of additive do you use and how often?

buckfever

sound like the motor is loading up. Try bumping up the off idel next time when you get off the machine. When you get back on there should be no fluttering.

Ultimateshrub

sound like the motor is loading up. Try bumping up the off idel next time when you get off the machine. When you get back on there should be no fluttering.

I have tried several different additives but the one I like best is Sea Foam. It seems to clean the fuel system the best. Buckfever, can you give more details on your theory as I am not sure what you mean by "bumping up the off idle".

buckfever

give it a little throttle (100-200 rpm over idel). This will start to spool up the turbo and help get the motor at operating temp. This way when you go to full throttle it should go without any fluttering. My jd328 does the same thing. Most of the time I don't worry about it.

dirthog28

Ultimate

That did the trick, couldn't find any Sea Foam, used Power Service additive and started running fine right away. Thanks alot.