• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diesel Generator Forum and genset info needed

profrooky

Occupation
Professor
Hi: Just wondering if the admistrator/s for this site would considering starting a Forum dedicated to Diesel Generators? I had a quick look around the web and couldn't find one and thought this would be as good a place as any for one.

I'm looking for info on a couple older units we have here. Wiring diagrams, operation manual etc. They are:

ONAN 125 kVA Genset with Allis 670T and Burlec generator- Model 100.OUR-9X246F

ONAN 50 kw genset with Cummins 4BT- Model 50 DCGA

Dorman 4LBTIII

Thanks, Scott

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Smokstak.com has some pretty good hobbyists.

I fix generators for a living, but there are not very many of us.

I doubt a generator sub forum would get enough traffic to make it worthwhile.

pajibson

I'd watch a Genset Forum but I work on them too from time to time.

profrooky- I have a bunch of stuff for the cummins 4bt's but most of the folks on here probably do too. If your only working on 1 or 2 of them sign up for a quickserve account through cummins and you can down load the factory service stuff. As far as the generators them selves I'll see what I can dig up.

profrooky

Occupation
Professor
Hi Birken:

I had a quick look on that site and didn't see what I was looking for but I'll check again.

I actually assumed there would be a forum existing already since there's lot's of diesel gensets out there, wait and see I guess.

profrooky

Occupation
Professor
Hi pa:

I have an account with quickserve but I'm looking for the panel wiring diagram. I'll check though to see what I can find. Anything you could pass on would be much appreciated.

I used to work on a few gensets as a Heavy Equipment Tech but started teaching a few years ago and now teach in an EPG program.

Thanks, Scott

GregD1

Occupation
Equipment for a paving contractor
If you know anybody interested in relocating to Arizona and has generator experience I can put them to work ASAP. Send me an IM if you know anybody. Thanks.

profrooky

Occupation
Professor
I managed to track down a source for the ONAN manual in India, going to get it.

Still looking for the info on the other two units.

Surprised there's no interest in a Genset forum.

pajibson

Profrooky, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I checked all the stuff I have at work and I didn't have anything for any of those models. Glad you managed to find something.