• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dissapointed in lack of vision on quick attach plate on Takeuchi TL 140, location of a/c relays?

69zfarmer

I just bought a TL 140 with a cab and a/c. When i change attachments i can't see the quick attach plate on the front. The step to get in the cab is right in the line of vision.
I have a wiring diagram and it shows a compressor and a condensor fan relay. Where are they located? It also says it has a ambient temp. switch to keep a/c off under 38 degrees. I dont see it in the wiring diagram. If it is there where would it be located?

69zfarmer

I was looking at some pics. i took yesterday with the cab up. I think i may have found them under the cab as shown in pics. I am still having trouble finding ambient air temp switch.
Which leads me to another question. What could i use to seal the square hole (in pics.) that the a/c and heater lines go through to the cab? Without a seal around these lines there will be alot of engine heat that will just go right to the evapator coil making the a/c not work as well.

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 37

JD955SC

You can get a rubbery tarlike stuff that comes in a roll like tape to smush in on the lines to seal them off in areas like that.

heymccall

If it has the RedDot system, there is only a thermocouple probe in the evaporator, like my TL150 and TB180FR machines. I've never seen an ambient temp sensor for the HVAC.

skata

Not sure what you're complaining about. I never thought I couldn't see the attachment plate.

Mark13

Well i can't see mine. The top of the wedge shaped plate without any attachment on it.

You can't see it at all weather you lean forward, back, etc? I've only run my TL230, a TL250, TL150, and a Gehl CTL60 but I was able to see the quick attach plate in all of them if I moved around unless I had the arms in some weird position.

Last edited:

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
I've ran TL150's... don't remember any problem seeing the plate when changing things???

Maybe a booster seat or thick cushion...

heymccall

I recall looking thru the boom/ step void.
Since the step isn't structural, take it off and see if that helps. If it does, modify your step, or fabricate a smaller one.

Why for are you looking ac relays and temp sensor? What's not working?

69zfarmer

OK let me leave this vision problem along. lol. I can live with it. I will need you guy's knowledge for later problems.
heymccall, I have a intermediate problem with the a/c. When i have they key on (engine not running) when the a/c fans are turned on they run all the time like they are supposed to. But when i press the a/c button to make compressor and condenser fan come on. Sometimes it works but most of the time nothing. That is why i was looking for a ambient air switch. The operators manual on page 163 says "The a/c will not function if the temperature in the cab is 38 degrees or lower". The temp has been above that all the times i have checked it.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
You need to switch to winter air summer heat system.