• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ditch Witch SK850 cab

zw_4430

Occupation
Landscaper
Has anybody thought about or tried making a cab for a mini skid steer? I have an SK850 and at times I spend hours running it and wondered how hard it would be? I can fabricate, weld and sorta design (I have a few sketches). The biggest issue I would have is how to run the ac but I believe I have a solution, cat skid steers used to use the hydraulics to run the ac pump. No clue how well it would work but its an idea. I don't think the alternator would be able to handle the amperage required for an electric unit like what CabCon ac makes. Other issues I have is it will make the back of the machine about 8-10" longer to accommodate for the cab. I'm sure I'm not thinking of everything but I cant find much in the way of cabs on the net.

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
I would think the weight of a cab would throw the balance of the machine too far off. I would think you would need to have a a Boat top Company make a full enclosed canvas canopy with zipper and snap off sides and door. I thought a lot about getting a ready made riding lawn mower canopy top and modifying it to fit my Toro. That would at least keep the sun and rain off of you.