• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Does any one know what parts will interchange on a 762B JD scraper to a plain 762

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
We have a JD 762 scraper at the landfill I run, its an older model of the 762 we had a newer one when we opened but the trans went down and we bought one for parts with a bad motor and elevator chain. The older parts tractor we bought had nearly new set of tires and was pretty tight for 10 000. We just put our ariginal machines motor in it andthe newer chain. Its been running 5 years. The other day we had the spider carrier grenaded on us from wear, sometime in its past the valve on the differential lock valve return didnt open and it was run with the axles locked. Both spider gears had been worn into the carriers till only the tips of the teeth were touching. it only cost 800 to change the axles over from the parts pan.
The owner of the plant asked me to find another scraper cheap. I found 2 machines One is a 762 with electric bowl controls, Its got a bad motor, the second is a 762B that was being changed into a water wagon. Its got the draft arms and a frame built to the gooseneck and a rear axle the tank needs to be skinned. They are both cheap. These will be parts machines, If I get the B I will make either an offroad trailer to haul the dozer and compactor to the shop for service when we move across the site, or skinn the tanks and make a water wagon for a big tractor we are looking at. If the water wagon motor and trans are ok I may see if the draft arms will fit our old bowl.
JD here doesnt support these machines anymore. They didnt sell alot here, and if they dont carry many parts at all for any of the transmission pumps or the hydraulics. I wouldnt consider going through the trouble on the bowl swap but I can getthis rig very cheap. Id like to know if any of the axles may inter change from what series 762.