• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dozer Bog Info?

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
I was looking for a disc to tidy up where I have been clearing some trees with the doxer (part-timer working at the home farm) and came across a TMR-10, a model from Rome Plow Co. Looks like the regular farm disc I'm used to, is 10' wide, but weighs just over 4,000#. Anyone have any practical experience using one and could give me an idea of the results you've seen?

td25c

I was looking for a disc to tidy up where I have been clearing some trees with the doxer (part-timer working at the home farm) and came across a TMR-10, a model from Rome Plow Co. Looks like the regular farm disc I'm used to, is 10' wide, but weighs just over 4,000#. Anyone have any practical experience using one and could give me an idea of the results you've seen?

Rome plow makes a good product.It's heavyer than a regular farm disc.It will do a good job chopping the roots & debrise left behined.If you have alot of rock in your neck of the woods,it will pull it up to.sometimes The disc helps on a job,but I dont like discing to pull up allot of rock.

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
Thanks for the info. If you can, tell me more about the rock, because we are "blessed" to have a lot of rocks around. From 50# ankle twisters to 500-2000# "get in the ways". How much of these will a bog scoot over, and how many get picked up and drug along?

Last edited:

td25c

Thanks for the info. If you can, tell me more about the rock, because we are "blessed" to have a lot of rocks around. From 50# ankle twisters to 500-2000# "get in the ways". How much of these will a bog scoot over, and how many get picked up and drug along?

An older farmer once told me that rock will "float" to the surface.Now I know what he ment.If you have rocky ground ,the more its worked,the more rock that will come to the surface.The rome will roll over the bigger rock,and bring up the smaller 50# rock.It depends what your doing with the land,sometimes its better to use a lighter farm disc and go shallow for reseeding projects and leave the rock in the ground.