• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dozer or track loader????

Nicker

If you could buy only one machine, what are the opinions on which is more universal.

This would be my first piece of heavy equipment besides my 4100 deere:cool: and I will be pushing and moving dirt for a motocross track in rock and clay.

Thanks.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
For building a motocross track you would be a lot better off with a dozer IMO as long as the dirt is close to where you will be building the ramps, but a trackloader is more universal.

farmboy555

Occupation
Owner Operator
Without starting a big thread on the pro's & con's and I have operated equipment for 35 yr's. TRACKLOADER - with teeth on the bucket - purchase the biggest one you can afford & transport.

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
I agree, my father has a 125E IH loader with a 4 in 1 bucket and he can do incredible things with it. Watching him with that bucket reminds me of watching someone clear with a excavator and thumb. You will be much happier with the tracked loader once you finish your track too, for filling ruts and maintance. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting!

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums DirtHauler! :drinkup