• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dozer Repair Central Texas

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Have you tried internet,dealers,phone book, local contractors ?

Bradan

DResser TD15E power loss issue. I have called every company on google within 250 miles....hard to even get someone to call me back. Can't even throw money at people these days to get them to work!!!

Delmer

Gotta do it yourself, I tell ya.

Does this feel like an engine losing power? or a transmission slipping? like does the engine slow way down without smoke? or does the engine run the same speed and you stop moving?

Bradan

I dont mind fixing myself just dont know jack sh&t about dozers..but I guess Im about to learn. No smoke at all...dozer runs great for about 30 min...then 2nd and 3rd gear it just barely crawls but if I throw it back in neutral the engine revs up nice and strong. So Im unsure whether its starving for fuel or trans/conv is slipping.

I put new trans fluid in day before yesterday then replaced fuel filters yesterday evening. Damn thing ran like a rabid banshee like last. But Im wondering for how long. I was just hoping to have someone come out and go through it. Make sure Im not missing some screen that needs cleaning or overlook something that may be catastrophic.

Delmer

we can probably help you with an engine power issue, or at least narrow it down so Vetech knows what he's dealing with when you finally get him there:D A slipping transmission is much worse in my opinion, harder to diagnose and fix.

Revving up fine in neutral does not mean anything. Put it in 3rd gear, you back up, stop, and put a load on the engine to go forward, can the engine reach the same speed it did when it was cold?

No smoke means no fuel to me. Any older diesel should blow some visible smoke if the engine is loaded up hard. if you agree, then a picture or three of the fuel injection pump might help.

Bradan

I am going out there today..Ill take pictures and get a couple videos and post the link. I figure I need to check fuel pressure. I dont know a darn thing about those transmissions. I know the transmission filter light is on..also dont have a clue where that is but I figure I can find some manuals on the old world wide web!!

Bradan

and I agree..I would rather deal with an egine problem before I have to touch that beast of a tranny. There wasnt any metal in the fluid when I changed it so that was a good sign.

PEVO

Dont know how the TD15 is, but when i was trouble shooting slippage on my Cat i was told to pull floor plate to be able to visually see the drive shaft (assuming yours has a exposed driveshaft) anyhow...puting it in gear and watching when the problem pops up to see if its the torque converter slipping or just the tranny. This may narrow down whats causing the problem.

Vetech63

..hard to even get someone to call me back. Can't even throw money at people these days to get them to work!!![/QUOTE
Well thats because they don't know anything about it. You can do like people said and watch the driveline while the transmission is in each gear with the engine at full throttle. The shaft should not spin when the transmission is in gear through all gears and directions. It will spin when you change between gears and directions and when in nuetral. Notice also the color and amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust stack while also listening to the sound of the engine to determine whether the rpms are equal when doing your driveline test. All of this is the poor boy way but will help lead us in the right direction.

RPRZEN

Occupation
OILFIELD, CONSTRUCTION, RANCH EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN
Does anyone know of a heavy equipment repair/mechanic near rockdale texas? Definitely looking for a mobile company
IM SOUTH OF SAN ANTONIO. WILL BE INTERESTED IN COMING TO CHECK YOUR UNIT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.