• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dozer Weights

possum300d

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
Hi everyone.

My brother has expressed interest in getting himself an old dozer but we're not certain which machine would suit best. We're in the UK so the choice is limited and due to tow weight legislation the machine cant be any heavier than 13,000kg (28660 lb).

So, is anyone aware of any database with machine weights as the models differ quite a bit??? This would at least help us narrow the choices down.

Regards
Ross

possum300d

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
Anyone got any advice regarding this?

Think he's going to look at an old (very :D ) D3 this week. Fraid i dont know what year or any other information at the moment.

possum300d

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
Cool. Thanks for the link.

From looking at that am I safe to say he could venture up to D5 size or similar? Would age of machine make much difference to the weight?

Regards
Ross