• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Drive coupling

digger104

I'm about to install a new drive coupling between the fly wheel and the main pump. This is on a SK 120 Kobelco. Is there any thing that I should do other then the obvious. Looks just like a bolt one job. using lock tite on the bolts. The old coupling was in pieces. I was lucky I found it when changing the oil, found pieces of rubber.

big ben

No idea what it looks like as I've never touched a Kobelco but ensure the coupler goes on the right way. I was part of a job that the pump side of the coupler went on backwards as there was a slight offset on coupling. It went together and came back a month later for a rear main seal leak - engine thrusts in the oil pan. Not good.

So any ways my advice for any pump job is make sure the coupling is being bolted on correctly - AND most importantly check crank end play before and after repair.

overworked

Yep, we always measure old and new, and measure distance on pump shaft, some are flush and some are not. I never thought about measuring crank end play but thats great idea. Have done engine replacement in road truck due to people using wrong pilot bearing.