• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Drone Harassment

skyking1

oh yeah. That could be fun to figure out the weighting on it, etc. Pack it like a parachute just right with some leaded cord on the edge and some predictable opening aerodynamics. GOTCHA!
Get an old propane bottle and charge it up at the compressor, and make your own gun tube and big valve and hose.

skyking1

I bet a guy could practice with bolas for a while and take one down a good percentage of the time if it was close enough to tick you off.
Boleadoras.png

cw4Bray

Ultra-high pressure systems​

UHPS​

1500 PSI Squirt gun. 16HP Honda / Briggs engine.

The nozzle might need refining for high altitude drones.

Last edited:

cw4Bray

Too complicated… just use a 2250 PSI “O2 tank” unregulated with a ball valve for the push and add the diesel through a Venturi

Last edited:

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
The military and security agencies are rapidly getting pretty serious about drone-killing technology - but unfortunately, it's all restricted to military and Govt agencies who are tasked with protection from enemy combatants and terrorists.
So we're still stuck with the low-tech options. Now I didn't tell you this - but high pressure compressed air, and a piece of pipe can send large-diameter ball bearings a lo-o-ong way!! :eek:
I reckon a tyre bead seater could be a right useful device to start with! ;)

skyking1

...And all these devices ^^^ you will have on you most of the time ?
Not like they schedule them.
all it takes is a good guy with a diesel fired pressure washer with the pump and battery and inverter or extension cord.
Open carry on these pressure washers I say!

"Grrrr"
"I din't need my dog....."

Last edited:

aighead

Welp, the prices on what appear to be decent enough drones have come down enough that I went and ordered on yesterday. Supposed to show up on Tuesday but it looks like we have bad weather for a few days, so I'm not sure when I'll get to fly it. I've been interested in them since they came out and really enjoy flying the little indoor drones. It'll be neat to have to check on the back field and get some shots of my yearly go-kart track. There are quite a few trees between the house and the field, so my expectation is I'll do real flying of it back there and to the house, but it should be fun to mess around with. Now I don't need to count on Google to provide good satellite shots of the house. I'll report back.

Truck Shop

Welp, the prices on what appear to be decent enough drones have come down enough that I went and ordered on yesterday. Supposed to show up on Tuesday but it looks like we have bad weather for a few days, so I'm not sure when I'll get to fly it. I've been interested in them since they came out and really enjoy flying the little indoor drones. It'll be neat to have to check on the back field and get some shots of my yearly go-kart track. There are quite a few trees between the house and the field, so my expectation is I'll do real flying of it back there and to the house, but it should be fun to mess around with. Now I don't need to count on Google to provide good satellite shots of the house. I'll report back.
Make sure and fly around the back yards of the neighbor hood looking in at all the hot wives,
need a report on how good it will survive a shot gun blast or operates under fire.:)

cw4Bray

#1.
MILITARY SURPLUS SMOKE SCREEN GENERATOR M3A4 PULSE JET ... NOT WORKING.... US
https://www.ebay.com/itm/391899790178

s-l1600.jpg

#2.
Or how about a 60,000 Watt transmitter for Meaconing, intrusion, Jamming, and Interference. ?

Personally, I'd go with option #3

Russian ZSU-23-4 Shilka Self-Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun radar guided.​

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
My favorite one is going to local grocery get a helium balloon or few strap a cam on it send it up with video then capture screen shots later. Very cheap, that is until I got so many acres I now need a hot air balloon to photograph it all.

aighead

My wife is the hot one!

I think I mentioned the neighbors drone previously. It was funny, I never really thought he was spying as much as curious but I noticed a couple times when I'd go out in the yard and start making noise that he couldn't account for from inside his house he'd throw the drone up and see what was going on.

I don't ever want to spy or creep anyone out but I have a old abandoned barn across the way that I'd like to fly over to and check out. We've been inside it before but it's been a few years. I think I could let the barn's neighbor know I'm flying over and they'd be ok with it, other than that there isn't anyone around over there. They probably would like some aerial footage of their house anyway, on my way past.

ChoeleDreaming

use a paintball gun....When these first came out, I suggested to a reloading friend that he should develop a 12 g shell with a fishnet (of stainless fishing leader) in it. "Drone Grabber" shells could probably fetch $20 a piece.
I think you should run that one the US Military and offer the idea to Ukraine too. Pretty neat and cheap.

ChoeleDreaming

The long and the short of drones used in this manner is spying, perversion or more commonly property theft. Drones seemed like great fun and have a whole new dimension to our world when they first popularised their use. But like Google Maps, updated high resolution satellite imagery and battery operated cut-off wheels, all have grown to have more use in deviant behaviour and criminality. Screw the law. Shoot the MF’s out of the sky; maybe with a hoodie over your face because remember they are capturing the vision. Clean up the debris fast. Any questions - you were shooting a crow. Didn’t see any drone.
One benefit is that drones should make our TPD and workers compensation claims cheaper as PI companies scout for fraudulent claims of golf players, fishermen and avid DIY home project owners out of their wheelchairs.