• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dropped hydraulic pump in 30 sae oil

Travis Bales

Hey guys.. so working on a cat 955l. In the process of taking the hydraulic pump out the pump slipped and fell into a oil drain bucket that had hydraulic and sae 30 oil in it ...my question is will it hurt any thing if a little 30 sae oil got in the hydraulic pump ? I have let the pump sit over night letting it drain . Thanks ..

mitch504

Nope, I would have just wiped it off and installed it. You could put a 5 gallon bucket of 30 wt in your hydraulic tank and not hurt a thing.

Welder Dave

I knew a guy that used to keep spare Vickers pumps for his P&H hoes in pails of diesel fuel to prevent rusting and contamination. As long as it didn't pick up any dirt in the oil won't be an issue.