• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Eaton 8LL, can't downshift w/out a complete stop. Will trade labor for lessons/ride-along (or cash$) in RENO/SPARKS, NV area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulfcoastAndy

I recently bought a '98 Mack RD690P Dump. I am pricking up on everything else very quickly, but can not downshift without coming to a complete stop, I haven't even got lucky one time, just can't get it sorted out. Fortunately it has great breaks, but I am yet to haul anything, and don't plan to until I can p[roperly downshit without stopping. I have made almost every possible adjustments on the clutch and linkage to spec, hoping that was the issue. Although it has made improvements in all other shifting applications and bottom end torque, but I still can't downshift without stopping. SO I am at the point of bringing it in to TEC- Mack dealer or driving back to dealer where I bought it (9hrs away unfortunately).

*****I will gladly trade (or pay cash$$ if preferred) construction services 4:1 , spend 2hours with me and I'll knock out an 8hr day of work at the location of your choice. I do anything but paint.( electrical, plumbing, carpentry, concrete, landscaping, foundation, plus land maint./site work, excavator work)...and I am damn good at what I do!!

Please reply if you know someone in my area (Reno/Sparks, NV, Lake Tahoe) that is willing to help a self-taught equipment operator learn how to properly downshift an 8LL Eaton.

Thanks!

Andy Wilson
TCB Reno, NV 89509
(775) 432-5296

Status
Not open for further replies.